12/19/13 Local 404 General Membership Meeting Minutes

Chuck Carlson, John Knobbe, Connie Anderson, Molly Kennedy, Amanda Mathiowetz, Adam Castle, Matt Stenger, James Hemshrot, Kelly Woelpern, Joel Frey, Mike Homer, Ryan Cates, Shannon Pech, Eric Hesse, Lindsey Becker, Lisa Spurr, Jill Gorman, Jonas Thompson, Sam Arneson, Scott Grefe, Luke Frederick, Shawn Kennedy, Tom Kluntz

Greet Membership Officer Introduction

1.Secretaries Report: November 2013 meeting minutes- Additions or Corrections? Motion to accept subject to review by Chuck Carlson second by John Knobbe then carried 2. Treasurer-Connie Anderson: STATEMENT OF INCOME AND EXPENSES FOR MONTH ENDING November 2013 CASH BALANCE BEGINNING OF MONTH: $ 67466.26 INCOME FOR THE MONTH: $ 5930.58 EXPENSES FOR THE MONTH: $ 17208.43 CASH BALANCE ENDING OF MONTH: $ 56188.41 SUBMITTED BY: _______CONNIE ANDERSON_____ Accepted subject to audit motion by John Knobbe second by Ann Sullivan then carried.

3. New Business/Correspondence Review

a). Day On The Hill is March 25th, 2014. John Knobbe motioned that Local 404 pay the registration fee and that those who attend receive per diem also covered by Local 404. Second by James Hemshrot. Would like a finalized list of who is going by the February General Membership Meeting (February 20th, 2014). Those wishing to attend must have the day off. b). Financial Responsibility Training- February 12th, 2014 at Council 5 Offices in St. Paul. Connie Anderson motioned to send herself. Second by John Knobbe. We will be reserving three spots total. c) Those interested in becoming stewards please contact Molly Kennedy or John Knobbe d) Lobby Week will be February 24th – 28th. Please contact Chuck Carlson or John Knobbe if interested.

4. Old Business: N/A

5. New Business

6. Items from the membership a) Change in status for short term disability from fractional to fulltime- It is 31 days from when you convert and there has to be a change in insurance eligibility. Scott Grefe is looking more into this. b) Forensic Division Meet & Confer summarized. Please see minutes


7. Officer Reports

Presidents Report: a) FD M&C - Minutes will be posted- Any questions, please see Chuck Carlson or John Knobbe b) CBHH/CARE Meeting – c) MSOP Meet & Confer – none last month d) Scheduling Meetings e) SEPC Conference

VP-John Knobbe: Has had a lot of meetings. Is currently developing a FAQ over scheduling and vacation for the Share Point site. CRP is doing the same. There has been a lot of discussion on what is required on our name badges. Most grievances have been granted except for non-certifications. Working on getting vacation time figured out in the Forensics Nursing Home. We are gearing up for lobbying and need to work to maintain CERP for our members In Solidarity

VP- Molly Kennedy We chose to skip this month’s Labor Management and sure enough after the deadline I was given all sorts of agenda items. Our next meeting is scheduled for January 9th. At that meeting we will be discussing the permanent reassignments that were given to temp assignments. We also will speak about some of the community outings that the CPS/MSI clients are going on in the community. An agenda item that has been on here for about two years will be a new scheduling program. I am going to be part of a scheduling committee with people from State Operated Services and MSOP. From what I hear people would like to be able to view their schedule from home, to request vacation and to mutual from home. There are also some contractual items that need to be involved in the scheduling program like getting a receipt when putting in for vacation requests and knowing when people are rescinding vacation. I will be updating people as I hear things about this new and improved program? Another thing I would like to let our membership know is that in MSOP we are using our clients in escape drills. I have spoken with dozens of people who have been involved in these drills and they feel that this is not right. When these drills are happening they are not addressed as drills so the people responding think they are real incidents. Lastly we got our new contracts in the first week of December so if you don’t have one in your worksite please let me know and I will get you one. If you are a steward and have not gotten a contract e-mail me and I will send one to you! Contract training will be held January 9th from 12:30pm-5pm in Saint Peter at a TBA location. If you are interested please contact me. You will need to have the day off or use vacation to attend. Please see local www.union404.com for an electronic copy of the 2013-2015 AFSCME contract. Molly Kennedy Vice President Steward Coordinator

CS MSH/Transition: Ryan Cates No new grievances to report

CS- CBHH/CARE & MSOP: Matt Stenger This month we had Meet and Confer at Rochester CBHH and discussed items taken out of the MN-OSHA report. We asked that the last names be taken off the staff ID's as recommended by MN-OSHA. I received confirmation from Doughas Panser that plexi-glass will be going up in front of the med pass windows another recommendation by MN-OSHA. It was also discussed that new security equipment has been requested and waiting for authorization.

CS – Facilities and Forensic Nursing Home: Mike Homer Working on getting vacation time figured out in the Nursing Home. I have also been working with plumbing staff on overtime issues and it being given to the appropriate staff.

CS - NOCS: Shannon Pech For MSH and CRP NOC, there were no new grievances.

For CRP there is much news. 1. Scott attended a meeting in St. Paul relating to our CERP retirement. CRP gets to keep its CERP, because we are in the same building as the rest of MSH. However they are now attacking the FNH and Transition. 2. The increasing numbers of patients on CRP has prompted some potential changes on CRP. a.While the numbers of patients on CRP have increased since July, the number of staff has not. Management (Carol Olson) wants to add MSH staff to the pool of individuals to pick up OT to help alleviate the inversing going on on CRP. We were not opposed to this as long as we had some language agreed upon to govern the process of calling out OT and that it was understood that this is a Band Aid and not a solution. They (Carol) seemed open to the language idea. She however made the statement “this (MSH staff covering on CRP) could be a long term fix, let’s just see how it goes”. b. Because the number of patients on CRP has increased, it has created a bed space issue. I have contended that 35 beds will not be enough, seeing as CRP already has 31 patients. However management (Carol) believes that 50 beds would be too much for the rest of MSH to give up.

EB-Ann Sullivan. Nothing to report.

EB- Adam Castle. I have been fielding a lot of questions about the rumor of a rebid. Also has received a lot of questions about insurance tiers. At a recent MAT meeting it was discussed how to get more members involved and how to strengthen our communication.

EB – James Hemshrot I have received a lot of questions about health insurance and the different tiers.

CLU delegate report- “ N/A

Council 5 Field Representative Scott Grefe Management has discussed the early retirement plan and the possibility of ending that plan for the transition program and the forensics nursing home. This issue will be brought up lobbying and the appeal procedure is in progress. .

8. Nominations:

a) President: 1. John Knobbe nominated Chuck Carlson, accepted 2. James Hemshrot nominated Tim Headlee, confirmed he would accept 3. Adam Castle nominated Thom Wilkins, confirmed he would accept 4. Shawn Kennedy nominated Molly Kennedy, denied

b) General Vice President 1. Chuck Carlson nominated John Knobbe, accepted and closed due to unanimous ballet

c) Steward Coordinator Vice President: 1. Jonas Thompson nominated Molly Kennedy, accepted and closed due to unanimous ballet

d) Chief Stewards (5) 1. John Knobbe nominated Shannon Pech, accepted 2. James Hemshrot nominated Matt Stenger, accepted 3. Jonas Thompson nominated Ryan Cates, accepted 4. Molly Kennedy nominated Mike Homer, accepted 5. John Knobbe nominated Eric Hesse, accepted * Closed due to unanimous ballet

e) E Board (3) 1. Lindsey Becker nominated Luke Frederick, accepted 2. Chuck Carlson nominated Ann Sullivan, denied 3. Molly Kennedy nominated Adam Castle, accepted 4. Matt Stenger nominated James Hemshrot, accepted